Mighty Rough Times I Tell You – audiobook download — 9780895872265

久住高原童心回帰農場 フォーラム お話フォーラム Mighty Rough Times I Tell You – audiobook download — 9780895872265

• このトピックには0件の返信、1人の参加者があり、最後にRobert Mahanにより3年、 3ヶ月前に更新されました。
0件の返信スレッドを表示中
  • 投稿者
    投稿
    • #5098 返信
      Robert Mahan
      ゲスト

Mighty Rough Times I Tell You
      Personal Accounts of Slavery in Tennessee

by Andrea Sutcliffe

🔗 Mighty Rough Times I Tell You – Read More 🔗

• Author: Andrea Sutcliffe
      • Language: english
      • Genres: history
      • ISBN: 9780895872265 (0895872269)
      • Publisher: Blair – Blair
      • Format: paperback, 189 pages
      • Release date: October 1, 2000

About The Book

In 1929, the Social Sciences Department at Fisk University in Nashville, Tennessee, began recording the oral histories of former slaves. During the mid-1930s, the Federal Writers’ Project undertook a similar effort, ultimately compiling more than two thousand interviews and ten thousand pages of material in seventeen states. In this volume, thirty-six former slaves living in Tennessee recount what it was like to live under the yoke. Tennessee was not a large slaveholding state compared with others in the South. On the other hand, it was a leader in the abolition movement prior to 1830 and a powder keg of mixed Union and Confederate sympathies at the time of the Civil War. The voices in this volume thus recall the extreme conditions of slavery in the border country.

Originally from San Antonio, Andrea Sutcliffe has a journalism degree from the University of Texas at Austin. She was a writer, editor, and publications manager in the Washington, DC, area for twenty years. Her writing and editing career began in 1990 as director of the EEI Press in Alexandria, Virginia. In 1996, Andrea Sutcliffe moved to Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley to devote herself full-time to writing. Andrea’s love of her new home in the mountains of western Virginia, and a desire to learn more about the region’s fascinating history, led to her book, Touring the Shenandoah Valley Backroads.

FictionBook ebook Mighty Rough Times I Tell You Andrea Sutcliffe Android on Kobo. MP3 book Mighty Rough Times I Tell You read online. PDF Mighty Rough Times I Tell You by Andrea Sutcliffe buy on Mac.

TXT Mighty Rough Times I Tell You download on Dymocks. MOBI book Mighty Rough Times I Tell You Andrea Sutcliffe read for PocketBook. Online ebook Mighty Rough Times I Tell You download on Books-a-Million.

0件の返信スレッドを表示中
返信先: Mighty Rough Times I Tell You – audiobook download — 9780895872265
あなたの情報: