(PDF) Orienteering by Tom Renfrew
- このトピックには0件の返信、1人の参加者があり、最後にHilda Belangerにより1年、 8ヶ月前に更新されました。
2020-11-28 05:08 #5718Hilda Belangerゲスト
by Tom Renfrew
- Author: Tom Renfrew
- Language: english
- Release date: September 13, 1996
- Format: paperback, 136 pages
- ISBN: 9780873228855 (0873228855)
- Publisher: Human Kinetics Publishers
About The Book
Find fun, fitness, and adventure in this physically and mentally challenging sport. With Orienteering, you’ll gain all the knowledge and skills necessary to participate safely and successfully in one of the world’s fastest growing activities.
Author Tom Renfrew, an expert orienteer and a top instructor in the U.K. for more than 20 years, is an enthusiastic and insightful teacher. He covers basic map reading, compass skills, completing a course, and what to do if lost. The richly illustrated book features 70 colorful maps, drawings, and photos that show beginners how to get started and that help more experienced orienteers assess and hone their skills.
Readers will also learn:
– how to select proper equipment,
– what happens at an orienteering event, from registration to crossing the finish line,
– how to read a map, recognize control features, and determine the best route
– how to adapt orienteering activities for people with disabilities,
– where to find the best orienteering in the United States and around the world, and
– how orienteering opportunities — like cross-country orienteering, night orienteering, street orienteering, mountain-bike orienteering, and even mountain marathoning — can provide further adventure.
Orienteering provides a sample course with detailed instructions for choosing the best route, and the book includes self-tests for determining skill knowledge and course readiness.
After mastering the basic techniques of orienteering, participants will be able to:
– sharpen outdoor skills and improve fitness;
– enjoy both recreational and competitive orienteering;
– add orienteering to other outdoor activities like mountain biking, skiing, and hiking; and
– plan scenic, exciting adventures during getaways or vacations.
This book is part of the Outdoor Pursuits Series from Human Kinetics. Like all the books in the series, Orienteering emphasizes safety, environmental responsibility, and — most of all — the fun of outdoor activity!
Hardcover Orienteering download Kindle on Powells. FB2 book Orienteering by Tom Renfrew buy cheap. MOBI ebook Orienteering Tom Renfrew. EPUB Orienteering read for reader on Barnes & Noble.
Hardback book Orienteering download. Paperback ebook Orienteering by Tom Renfrew buy on iPad on Dymocks. Online ebook Orienteering read online. FictionBook book Orienteering Tom Renfrew iPhone on Books-a-Million.
MP3 Orienteering Tom Renfrew for Android on Amazon. PDF book Orienteering read. TXT Orienteering by Tom Renfrew download on Mac on Walmart. EPUB ebook Orienteering buy.