• ISBN: 9781250006639 (1250006635)
      • Author: Bill Walsh
      • Format: paperback, 304 pages
      • Publisher: St. Martin’s Griffin
      • Language: english
      • Genres: writing, language, humor, reference, linguistics
      • Release date: June 18, 2013

About The Book

A usage guide for writers and all lovers of language from Bill Walsh, language maven, copy editor at The Washington Post, and author of Lapsing into a Comma.

Calling all language sticklers — and those who love to argue with them! Usage maven Bill Walsh expounds (rather than expands) on his pet peeves in the long-awaited follow-up (note the hyphens, please) to The Elephants of Style and Lapsing Into a Comma.

Could you care less? Does bad grammar “literally” make your head explode? Test your need for this book with these sentences: “Katrina misplaced many residents of New Orleans from their homes.”

“Mark had a full schedule of meetings. His first of the day was a small businessman, followed by a high schoolteacher.”

“Betty was 100% percent wrong.”

Pat yourself on the back if you found issues in every one of these sentences, but remember: There is a world out there beyond the stylebooks, beyond Strunk and White, beyond Lynne Truss and Failblogs. Part usage manual, part confessional and part manifesto, Yes, I Could Care Less bounces from sadomasochism to weather geekery, Top Chef to Monty Python. It is a lively and often personal look at one man’s continuing journey through the obstacle course that some refer to, far too simply, as “grammar.”

Hardback book Yes, I Could Care Less Bill Walsh download on Powells. Hardcover Yes, I Could Care Less buy Kindle. FB2 ebook Yes, I Could Care Less by Bill Walsh for iPad on Book Depository. Paperback ebook Yes, I Could Care Less read online. TXT book Yes, I Could Care Less download on Walmart.

FictionBook Yes, I Could Care Less Bill Walsh buy cheap on Android. Online ebook Yes, I Could Care Less by Bill Walsh read. MOBI book Yes, I Could Care Less on PocketBook on Kobo. PDF Yes, I Could Care Less by Bill Walsh read on Audible. MP3 Yes, I Could Care Less for iOS.

0件の返信スレッドを表示中
返信先: (Audiobook) Yes, I Could Care Less
あなたの情報: